Senior Ruby Back-End Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer for greenfield project at stable, 4 year old start-up.
My client is a 150 person start-up with around 35 people in engineering. They are extremely stable, having raised around $60m in funding to date and they are building an e-commerce suite of applications.
They are hiring for a brand new engineering team that is building out a greenfield platform from scratch utilizing Ruby, Kafka, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, AWS, etc.
What I really like about them is their engineering culture. Here are some highlights of that:
- They have a very agile process with heavy code reviews, strong collaboration, tech talks, etc.
- They contribute to open source
- Engineers can attend a conference every year, and have a huge amount of intellectualism in general.
- Every Friday they have "Engineering Time" which is akin to Google's 20% policy, where the engineers are able to work on whatever has not been prioritized, or they can prototype their new ideas, etc.
What they are looking for:
- CS Degree or related
- 4+ years of experience building out complex and scaled web applications
- Experience with modern tools like Ruby, Python, Node, Scala, etc.
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com or call 888-986-6800 to speak with a recruiter today.
Job Id: 156313