Elizabeth Webster Felix
Meet Elizabeth Webster Felix
Elizabeth Webster Felix
- I Just Gave Two Weeks' Notice – How Should I Handle It?, March 5, 2019
- Fired from Your Last Job? Here’s How to Address This Career Hiccup During the Interview Process, January 15, 2019
- Five Popular Lies Recruiters Hear Every Day and Why You Should Avoid Them, November 8, 2017
- What You Said vs. What You Meant: When What They Heard Lost You the Job, June 6, 2017
- How to Explain a Firing during a Job Interview, Flex Jobs, January 13, 2019
- 5 Tips That Can Help You Land a Job Before the End of Summer, Flex Jobs, August 21, 2018
- Making a Great First Impression on Employers, Job-Hunt.org, September 26, 2016
- Insider Advice on How to Succeed in a Temporary Role, April 29, 2016
- 5 White Lies You Should Never Tell A Recruiter, Business Insider, March 25, 2016
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
I think it is important as a job seeker to not be too narrow in your search. If you are not open minded in your job search you can potentially pigeonhole yourself and miss out on great opportunities. It is vital to consider every aspect of the job and not focus solely on pay rate and job title when choosing a position. I have found that the more open and positive job seekers are, the happier they are with their career choices ultimately.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
Unemployed job seekers far too often underestimate the benefit of contract work due to a negative preconceived notion of what a "temp" is. Several times a day I speak with job seekers who quickly reference why they don't want to contract while completely overlooking how it can give them an edge over their competition. Contracting is an excellent way to keep a person's skills fresh and relevant, eliminates resume gaps, shows future employers they are hard-working and, above all, is a great way to get a job seeker's foot into a door that would have otherwise been closed to them. We have seen on more than one occasion a temporary worker go into a company for a short term assignment for a predetermined amount of time and once given that opportunity to show their skills the company realized what an asset they were and extended a full-time permanent offer. For every con a job seeker has regarding temping we have at least one pro, just ask us!
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
I love to travel and am an avid shopper.