Senior BI Developer
Our client, located just outside of Boston, is seeking a Senior BI Developer to join their Apps Development team. You will be the main BI person on staff and will play a critical role in defining and executing the company's analytics vision and road map. The ideal candidate loves diving deep into data to provide insights that will help drive revenue growth. The ability to learn new technologies, pursue challenges, adapt to the business needs, and stay focused on delivering results is essential for success in this role.
- Utilize the cloud-based BI tool (Domo) to help drive efficient, data-driven decision making across the company
- Proactively identify areas outside the regular stream of business requests where BI can add value
- Generate and implement governance strategies for BI platforms
- Develop interactive dashboards with drill-down capability with Domo
- Create reports with SQL Server SSRS
- Develop spreadsheet-based reports and data extracts with Excel and PowerPivot
- Provide input into the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack
- Provide ongoing maintenance support through SQL query tuning and optimization
- Contribute towards peer code reviews, unit testing and documentation of code developed
- Participate in agile development teams, including communicating with both business analysts and end users to generate high performing and scalable solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions.
- Solid comprehension of relational database theory, principles and best practices
- Experience with BI dashboard tools. Domo is a plus, but other experience (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) will be considered
- Experience building ETL processes using SQL Server SSIS
- Experience building OLAP cubes with SSAS and MDX
- Experience with data warehouse design and dimensional modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
- Stellar interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, with superb problem solving skills
- Development experience in .NET C# a plus
- Experience working with API and system integrations a plus
- Knowledge of Healthcare or Property Management industry is a plus
- Prior work with agile development methodologies (Scrum) a plus
Think you're a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 171604