Our client in the Boston area is seeking a self-motivated Sr. Network Engineer who can take ownership of the design, configuration, management, health and lifecycle of a nationwide network. As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, the Sr. Network Engineer will have a strong influence by being the team’s in-house networking expert, providing highest tier technical support as well as forward-thinking technical guidance in support of IT and business projects.
- Design, test and deploy network infrastructure devices and services.
- Ensure reliability and recoverability of the network by implementing and testing best practice configurations and fault-tolerant designs.
- Perform capacity planning, network hardware maintenance, and lifecycle management.
- Contribute to yearly Capex and Opex budgeting by soliciting and assessing vendor quotes and providing recommendations to Sr. Director IT Engineering.
- Provide technical input into business and IT projects of significant size and scope.
- Research, test, recommend, and implement methods to enhance efficiency, reliability, and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure.
- Serve as the main point of contact for network-related tasks in support of office acquisitions, divestitures and moves including off-hour implementation and operational support.
- Leverage multiple network monitoring tools to analyze network traffic patterns, proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Collaborate with vendors for support, procurement, feature enhancement and design strategy as required.
- Document changes, processes and procedures with a focus on accuracy and detail.
- Generate and maintain technical documentation including network design diagrams, operational procedures, knowledgebase documents, disaster recovery plans and training documentation.
- Contribute to RFIs/RFPs for new technology and services as needed.
- Investigate and propose the purchase, installation and use of network technologies and tools.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting and engineering multi-office Cisco networked environments.
- 3+ years in a lead/senior network engineering role.
- CCNA level experience required. CCNP level experience desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of network technologies such as VLAN, STP, LACP, DMVPN, SD-WAN, DNS\DHCP, NTP, and routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF).
- Proven ability to deploy and troubleshoot network hardware such as Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, WLAN and Meraki, etc.
- Prior work utilizing network monitoring tools for both troubleshooting health reports and capacity planning. Knowledge of SolarWinds NPM/NCM is desirable.
- Strong technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to communicate next steps and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated Data Center/Sever room build out experience (power, racking, network, cooling, etc.).
- Strong track record of working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-starter who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimal oversight.
- Outstanding work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member.
- Outstanding time management skills in order to support a balance of strategic and tactical activities.
- Able to participate in an on-call schedule and work occasional nights and weekends when necessary
Think you're a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 171479