Meet Joseph Kotlinski
- Jedis Wanted: Linux / UNIX Administrators & Business Systems Analysts, August 16, 2012
- Ready, Aim, Hire! Preparation and Pace Are Key to Hiring Top Talent, June 18, 2012
- Managing Your References Part II, April 9, 2012
- Least Wanted List - Avoid These "Usual Suspects" in Giving References, March 19, 2012
- With a Job Change, Don't Fall for the Counter Offer, December 5, 2011
- Job Search Strategies for Clients and Passive Candidates, September 20, 2011
- IT pros get training on their own dine, Computer World, December 16, 2013
- 5 Ways to Earn Respect as a New Hire, US News Money, November 5, 2013
- Same job, different title?, August 29, 2013
- Consider These Warnings Before Accepting Counter-Offer, Dice.com, December 26, 2012
- Top Recruiters Chase .NET, Linux Administrators, Dice.com, July 13, 2012
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
Everyone strives for perfection (employers want to hire the "perfect" person and job seekers want the "perfect" job), but perfection is not easily attained. Waiting for perfection comes at a cost.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
Not understanding or, perhaps better stated, underestimating the job market.
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
Playing (electric) guitar, exercise, swimming, spending time with my family.