Meet Cathy Renda
- 8 HR Traps Your Small Business or Startup Should Avoid, April 28, 2015
- Office Culture: Can Free Food Motivate Employees and Boost Morale? March 7, 2013
- Q & A With Cathy Renda, Director of Employee Engagement at WinterWyman, January 13, 2015
- Don't Get Haunted by a Bad Office Cosume, Boston.com, October 28, 2014
- 5 Things to Do on Fridays to Make Mondays a Breeze, TheStreet, July 14, 2014
- Healthiest Employers: Midsized company finalists, Boston Business Journal, March 28, 2014
- Employers Serve Up Food to Reward, Motivate Workers, SHRM, March 29, 2013
- 8 Tips for How to Fire an Employee, CIO, January 22, 2013
A Little About Me
The one piece of advice I always give to employers or job seekers is:
Do your homework and be well prepared. Employers are most successful in the recruiting process when they have a well-planned and executed recruiting process either interviewing candidates in a panel format or ensuring individual interviewers are well prepared with a wide range of questions to best assess the skills and competencies of each candidate to methodically make the best hiring decisions.
The biggest mistake I see employers or job seekers make is:
Making hiring decisions on 'gut instinct,' overselling a job or not setting realistic expectations of what is required of the candidate to be successful.
The favorite part of my job is:
My personal interests are:
I enjoy road trips on the Harley and tropical vacations.